Laura J. Chavero
Laura Chavero began working with Leu & Peirce in September 2015. A recent graduate from SMU Dedman School of Law, Laura was close to her grandparents growing up, so when she decided to go to law school, Elder Law was a natural fit. While in law school, her interest in Elder Law and the issues affecting the elder community grew under the guidance of her clinic advisor, who encouraged her to continue on this path. Prior to becoming an attorney, Laura saw the world as a Flight Attendant for Continental Airlines. She has a B.A. in Spanish Language and Literature from the University of Oklahoma, and spent three semesters in Mexico as an exchange student.
Laura is admitted to practice before the State Bar of Texas. She focuses primarily on guardianship and probate. Laura is fluent in Spanish and still loves to travel with her husband and two young children.
- JD, Southern Methodist University, 2015
- BA, Spanish Language and Literature, 2005
- Study Abroad, Universidad de las Americas, Puebla, Mexico, 2003-2004
Selected Professional and Business Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association – Probate, Trusts and Estate Section
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association
- Collin County Bar Association – Estate Planning and Probate Section
- Attorneys Serving the Community
- Member, Daughters of the American Revolution
- Member, Daughters of the Republic of Texas