Lori A. Leu, CELA
Certified Elder Law Attorney
Growing up in a small town in Kansas, strong values and ties to the community were instilled in Lori Leu from the start. After practicing as a civil litigation attorney for more than 20 years, Lori longed to focus on a practice area that would more directly benefit members of the community in which she lives. While searching for direction, Lori was approached by family members with questions regarding elder law issues. She then realized that assisting individuals who most need advice, especially when faced with confusing and sometimes overwhelming issues, was the calling she was seeking. As a result, Lori changed her practice to focus on legal issues affecting seniors and long-term planning, from simple wills to more complicated estate planning, financing of long-term care, including Medicaid eligibility, Veteran’s benefits, advance directives, guardianships, probate, and estate administration.
Lori graduated from Kansas State University with an honors degree in Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, summa cum laude, in 1984. She continued on to receive her law degree from Harvard University in 1987, and is licensed to practice in Texas, Kansas, and Missouri. Lori lives with her husband and two children in Plano, Texas.
Memberships, Honors & Activities
- Best Lawyers in America, Woodward White, 2016-2017
- City of Plano Ethics Investigator
- College of the State - Bar of Texas
- Collin County Bar Association - Estate Planning and Probate Section President and Board of Directors
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Foundation – Fellow
- Estate Planning Council of North Texas - Board of Directors
- Kansas Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- National Elder Law Foundation (NELF) - Certified Member
- Missouri Bar Association
- Plano Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
We're Here to Help
Featured in Living Well Magazine
See Lori A. Leu in an issue of Living Well Magazine. She brings passion and experience to protecting the futures of seniors in our community.